Calbert Warner, otherwise known as Schematist, is a NYC based audio architect that aims to capture the hearts of his listeners with his signature blend of orchestral and electronic elements.
Born and raised in Bronx, New York, Calbert found his sanctuary in the gaming space as it allowed him to express his creativity freely. He soon found that most of the magic in gaming came from the captivating melodies that further enhanced the player's experience. After playing Final Fantasy IX, Calbert knew he had to equipped himself with the tools necessary to become a freelance video game composer.
Fortunate enough to have several mentors on his journey to becoming a versatile composer, Calbert decided to give back by regularly offering tips, advice, and strategies for aspiring VGM composers.
When he is not composing, you can find him capturing life in the streets of NYC with his Nikon D3300.
Weapons of choice
- FL Studio 12
- Custom-build Intel Core i7 5820K (32gb RAM)
- Korg X50 61-key Synthesizer
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Special Edition Chrome Version 250 ohm
- Native Instruments Komplete 11
- Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2
- u-he Zebra 2
- ProjectSAM: Symphobia & Lumina
- Orange Tree Samples: Jumbo 12 & Evolution Rock
- Impact Soundworks: Celestia/Pearl/ Shreddage2X
- Black Octopus Leviathan
- Goldbaby Drums Vol.1